Blog posts tagged in Photography
Congratulations on your big day! We know you will work hard to make everything perfect. From the hair to the dress to the flowers to the linens – why wouldn’t you want to capture the day beautifully? With the great technology we have now, it seems like everyone is a photographer. A little Photoshop goes a long way to correct a blemish or whiten those teeth. Trust us; it’s really not that easy and these pictures are kind of a big deal. That horror story of your sister-in-law who has no wedding photos because her Dad’s friend who was “the photographer” forgot to put the memory card in the camera makes our skin crawl and we can’t stand the thought of that happening to you. So, in the best interest of all you brides-to-be, we’ve put together a top five list of why you need a professional to capture your day:
- You only get one shot at this! Have you ever heard the saying “you only get one chance to make a first impression?” Well, you only get one chance to capture all the special “firsts” on your wedding; that perfect moment when the man of your dreams sees you for the first time in your dress, the first kiss as husband and wife, your special moment with your parents before they give you away. Having a professional photographer on the day of your wedding will promise that you will always have the chance to re-live all the perfect moments of your special day. Your photographer has an eye for these things and won’t miss the all-important shots.
- Your wedding day will be over quicker than you can imagine. When everything is over, it will probably feel like a massive blur. Did you see your cousins laughing together over champagne? Did you notice the flower girls spinning on the dance floor? Your photographer will be there to catch these special moments, so you can truly feel like you knew all the amazing things that went on that day.
- How long have you been planning this? Although your fiancée didn’t appreciate that the invitations, programs, and menu cards are all colour coordinated to the napkins and flowers, we did. Having a professional photographer will strategically catch all the little elements that you’ve included. Those flower balls that you hand made from tissue paper, the pew markers, your reception table – all the little details will be beautifully preserved for you to remember forever (and show off to anyone that asks!).
- Technical excellence. Need we say more? Like we mentioned earlier, it’s really not as easy as a little Photoshop. There is a big difference between a hobby photographer and someone whose life revolves around this art form. Leave it up to an expert to ensure nothing is lost. You are gorgeous – don’t let photo editing take away from your beauty. It should only enhance it. The camera will capture everything stunning that is your wedding; just let a professional give it a little guidance.
- Memories are wonderful and we know you will never forget your big day. Don’t risk ever letting these images in your mind fade. Whether it be a beautiful coffee table book, pictures hung on the wall, or simply a memory box kept in your closet, we want you to smile every time you think of your wedding. In the end, all it’s about is the love shared between you and your husband. Keep your memories alive and vivid and always at your fingertips. Flipping through your photos after the dust has settled should stir up all the same feelings you felt that day – and we hope you never lose those butterflies.
We are so excited to be offereing wedding packages again this year. After a few years of taking time off with our young family we are thrilled to be back shooting weddings again this year. Photographing weddings is something we truly enjoy. We are excited to be able to offer new wedding packages and are so excited about the work and training we've been doing. We would love to discuss your wedding photography needs and know that we can build a wedding package that will work well for you and your special day.
Please feel free to contact us at 250-878-9221.